Laser Shower 1.6
This week I was actually able to get on Strawberry. She is feeling good I think she is almost a 100% healed. I learned the last new protocol on the laser. This protocol is called swelling/Edema. This focuses towards more swelling. Her suspensrary had inflammation in it at first. After the inflammation went down the swelling rose. This is good because it is a sign of healing and the heat has left the surface of the tear. Yes, swelling is bad to a persons point of view, but different in a horse. When your knee swells it usually means its bad. When a horse gets inflammation that is their kind of bad, when swelling occurs its a sign of the heat leaving the surface. Strawberry is 12 years old, it helps that she is young and can heal the tendons faster and healthier. This setting helps remove the last spots of heat that are left in the suspensary. You run the laser from the back of the hawk all the way to the fetlock of the horse. Next week we will be giving a progress report on strawberry.
Comments
Post a Comment